TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submissions to enter the AGL Art and Design Competition close at: 5.00 pm on Friday 3 March 2017.
Entries will be exhibited in Broken Hill at a location to be designated as part of Broken Hill Art Exchange Desert Equinox Solar Prelude. The exhibition will run from Friday 17th to Sunday 26th March from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm daily.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Entrants will be required to comply with the competitions Terms and Conditions.
2. Entries will be accepted from an individual or group, but a single individual must be designated the contact person for the group and sign the declaration.
3. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of the terms and conditions.
4. All entries must be submitted to Broken Hill Art Exchange prior to the closing date by the following method:
5. Entrants may submit more than one design. A separate submission form is required for each entry.
6. There is no age limit for entrants. Entrants under the age of 18 must provide the details and signature of a parent or guardian. In the event that an entrant under the age of 18 is chosen as a finalist and is invited to Broken Hill to present their work in the final judging round on 24 March 2017, she/he must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at no additional expense to AGL Energy Limited or Broken Hill Art Exchange.
7. All entries are judged upon the following criteria:
8. There is a total prize pool of $15,000 divided as follows:
a. First Prize $10,000.
b. Four Finalist Assistance packages of a maximum of $1,000 each.
c. Peoples’ Choice Award $1,000.
9. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The Broken Hill Art Exchange’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Competition dates:
12. 100 submissions judged on the above criteria will be placed on public display in Broken Hill during the Desert Equinox Solar Prelude and featured in the 2017 Solar Prelude Catalogue. All other entries will be displayed digitally at a designated exhibition location.
13. Only artwork accompanied by a completed AGL Art & Design Competition submission form will be deemed eligible for the prize and exhibition. The Broken Hill Art Exchange & AGL Energy Limited reserves the right to publicise and promote the information provided by the entrant(s) on the submission form and to withdraw any artwork from the prize exhibition at its discretion.
14. Entrants will be required to give permission to AGL and BHAE to use imagery of their submission for promotional purposes.
15. It is agreed that there is no guarantee that the winning submission to the AGL Viewing Platform Art & Design Competition will be built. Construction of any design is dependent on AGL’s feasibility assessment, building costs and budgetary constraints, estimated at $350,000 for the building of the viewing platform. Prize winner/s will be required to cede rights of ownership of their entry to AGL for use at its discretion.
16. BHAE and AGL staff, employees and their families are not excluded from participating in the competition and ultimately winning a prize, but they are excluded from the judging panel. The judges must declare a conflict of interest.
17. Entrants and prize winners may be contacted for follow up consultation about their submission. Communications and negotiations are at the discretion of AGL Energy.
JUDGING OF ARTWORKS & DESIGNS:
The finalists and winner of the $10,000 will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by BHAE & AGL Energy and the $1000 People’s Choice will be chosen by the public through popular vote. The winners will be announced at the closing Award Night Ceremony on 25 March 2017. Entrants may be contacted by BHAE or AGL Energy for questions or consultation.
For all enquiries, please contact the Broken Hill Art Exchange located at STUDIO 4, 4/149 Duff Street. Opening hours are 10.00 am to 4.00 pm weekdays.
Email address: email@example.com Phone: + 61 8 80883171
AGL VIEWING PLATFORM REQUIREMENTS BRIEF
Although a conceptual design, once built it must satisfy appropriate building codes and standards.
Delivering the platform as an art prize design would contribute to: