Apply for Workshop Facilitation
The BHAE runs an exciting and integrated program of workshops and artist residencies. You can
- hire the space to run your own workshop
- run a workshop as part of your residency
- join our registry to become part of our team of facilitators/tutors for BHAE led programs
Overview of Questions
- Indicate if you are a visiting or local artist
- Do you have ABN
- Personal Liability Insurance
- ( these are helpful but not essential)
- What discipline are you working in
- You are asked to provide an outline of the content of the workshop you are proposing and a lesson plan of activities
- About your experience (please attach an artist’s bio describing your workshop experience (max 250 words)
- Provide 1-3 jpg images or video link of your work
- Please indicate duration of your workshop
- Are you interested in a workshop 2hr, 4hour or 6 hours
- You are also asked to provide a draft lesson plan of your workshop ( in 2 hour blocks)
- Indicate materials , processes and main activities
- You can download a pdf of the form at the bottom of the page
BHAE is creating a register of potential art workshop facilitators for BHAE’s Workshop Program. If you have an idea for a workshop or may be available to facilitate workshops in the future consider joining our registry.
Non – residence workshop facilitator
- The workshop spaces are available for hire to run workshops .Minimum hire is 3 hours.
- Minimum 3 hour hire $120 and $30/hour there after. Includes payment of responsible BHAE person to be present.
- Full day $270
- Extra fee if you wish to use to use the BHAE advertising/website $200
Residence workshop facilitator
- You can propose a workshop as part of your residency. Approved workshops can offset fees for residency $260 for two hour workshop - if the workshop is filled. Workshops are advertised to the local and tourist market.
- Deduct $260 - facilitator fee from residency accommodation fee if
- Workshop must be approved by BHAE
- Workshop fills to cost covering level
What happens if the workshop does not fill?
Minimum 8 participants: (max 16)
We will take bookings up to 6 weeks before the date of your residency (or by negation) . If the numbers in the workshop do not cover costs the BHAE reserves the right to cancel the workshop OR run the workshop at a reduced fee in negotiation with facilitator.
Available workshop spaces Apply Here
- Heritage Kitchen Gallery with access to courtyard, courtyard kitchen and printmaking workshop -313 Argent St
- BHAE Heritage Courtyard
- BHAE Duff St Annex
Workshop acceptance is subject to BHAE approval. Approval is dependent on space availability, appropriateness of the workshop to fit within the BHAE workshop programme, availability of resources.
© Copyright Broken Hill Art Exchange